Monday, April 1, 2013

Move It Mondays

Happy Atheists Day!  What, you didn't know today was Atheists day?  The Bible tells us so.  "The fool has said in his heart, “There is no God.” - Psalm 14:1.  Chew on that for a bit.

Our weekend was an extraordinary and very busy one.  We had a beautiful Good Friday service Friday afternoon.  Communion is so special on that day; it's like reliving the last supper Jesus had with His disciples before He was carried off to be crucified.  Pastor Matt gave such a moving sermon.  I don't think there was a dry eye in the whole church.  What a sacrifice the Father made to give us eternal life!  We who are nothing more than wretched sinners!  It just shows God's enormous love for us.  We can never be thankful enough.

Saturday night the church where my daughter interns had their first Easter service and I was asked to help with one of the children's ministry classes.  It gave me the opportunity to listen to my daughter lead worship, and teach the 2nd and 3rd grade children about Jesus and the Resurrection.  The teaching was excellent, the class time was phenomenal, and I left there feeling content and joyful because I'd had the chance to share with these great kids.  I feel so incredibly blessed.

Sunday morning we had our Resurrection Sunday service, and once again Pastor Matt hit it out of the park!  The first service was pretty full, I can only imagine what second service was like!  Worship time was inspiring, too.  We did upbeat and happy songs, celebrating the risen Christ, and it was just awesome.  After church we came home and I grilled up some chicken breasts, pineapple spears, made some pasta, and we relaxed after a very busy but very fulfilling weekend.  I won't forget this one anytime soon.

Today was back to our routine.  School started up again, and I ran errands most of the morning.  I bought some annuals at Lowe's and planted them in the planters on the backyard patio.  It livened things up!  This winter has been extremely dry, so I didn't plant anything waiting for the rainy season to start.  I've been hearing thunder all afternoon, but other than about 5 drops we haven't gotten any rain.  My cousin, who lives about 25 minutes south of us, says it was pouring rain by her, so it may very well be sneaking up on us soon. My grass will be most appreciative.

For lunch today I made our family favorite:  ground beef and rice.  My kids would happily eat this everyday! It's fast and easy, which is good since I was tired after running errands all morning.  After picking up my son E from school, I got an email from Menchie's with a new sorbet flavor:  pink lemonade.  Since we have BOGO coupons from Menchie's, and I love pink lemonade, it was the perfect treat!  I can still taste it now, so cool and refreshing.  They've got green apple sorbet as well, so yummy!  While their specialty is frozen yogurt, the sorbets are delicious and perfect for 70 degree weather, which is what we're currently enjoying.

Around the house, I put away some laundry I'd washed, tidied up a bit, but other than that I haven't done anything.  I guess it'll have to wait till tomorrow.  I'll clean up the kitchen now, help my son with his homework, then get ready for bed.  Goodnight to all, God bless you this Monday and everyday.

No comments: