Thursday, April 18, 2013

Thoughtful Thursday

I've had so much going on and such a busy schedule lately I haven't been on the computer.  There's moments I think of all kinds of things I could blog about if I could just get a moment to sit down.

I think I'm gonna take a break from some of my favorite blog hops.  Not all, just some.  As it is I barely have time to update my Facebook status - not that it matters.  I'm getting bored with Facebook.  Too much politics, too much nonsense, not enough keeping up with people.  There are a few family members I enjoy keeping up with, but mostly there isn't anything worth spending time on.

There's construction going on in my neighborhood.  We live in a town that used to be dairy farms.  Behind our development one still exists, which we really love.  It makes it feel like we're living in the country.  Our street is a dead-end because of the dairy farm, but it won't be for much longer.  They've decided to open up the avenue, going through the dairy farm.  The mayor and town council have been trying for a long time to get the street opened, but it wasn't possible because it used to be an Indian burial ground.  Some kind of ceremony had to be performed before the construction could continue.  Now the dust and mud is taking over, our cows will have to be moved, and the quiet of our neighborhood will be no more.  See, since the road was a dead-end there was no thru traffic, which kept the noise level at a minimum.  Once the street is done, it will be a 4 lane road, and the amount of traffic will increase exponentially.  It's something I'm not looking forward to, nor are my neighbors.

My youngest son has been taking his FCAT exams this week.  FCAT is the Florida Comprehensive Assessment Test.  E had the math portion on Monday, and the reading portion today and tomorrow.  This is the second year in a row that he's done the reading portion on the computer.  All 6th and 7th graders get the computerized version of the exam.  Unfortunately, they have to take the test in the computer lab, and there not enough computers for the entire grade to test at once, so they are taking turns.  Testing will continue throughout the next week, during which time my son goes to one class per day.  The school cannot have students in the hallways during testing, so students can't switch classes.  He stays in the one class, does a little work, then they watch movies or play board games till it's time to leave.  School sure is different from when I was a kid.

I stepped on the Wii Fit scale this morning, and became very upset.  It's time for some re-evaluating of what I'm eating.  I'm back on MyFitnessPal trying to get a grip on my calorie intake.  I hate the fact that the older I get the harder it is to keep my weight where it should be, but it's the reality of life and I need to make sure I'm eating right if I don't want any serious health issues later.

I have to be honest here: I was multi-tasking.  I just finished watching Wreck-It Ralph while getting this post up.  I love that movie!  Disney/Pixar films are the best.  This movie is a definite winner, but my all-time favorite Pixar film is still The Incredibles.

Time to get everything ready before bed.  The saying is true, a woman's work is never done!  Good night friends.

No comments: