Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today, April 2, 2013...

Outside my window...the sun has set and there is pitch darkness.

I am thinking...it's gonna be another hot summer.  It was a real scorcher today.

I am thankful...I was able to get two cars washed today.  My oldest son had to go to work early so I didn't get to his car, but my daughter's and mine are spotless.

I am going...to watch The Duggars in a little while.

I am wearing...a blue polka dotted top, jean bermuda shorts and flip-flops.  It was in the low 80's today so this was most appropriate wear.

I am noticing...the nice color the neighbors put on their house.  I want to paint the outside of our house, too.  It hasn't been painted in 7 years.  It needs it.

In the kitchen...we had ham steaks, plantains and salad.  I kept it simple because my daughter and I were out bridal shower shopping this morning.

I am reading...one chapter of Proverbs a day with my son.  I finally finished Ruby so it's time to find a new book.

I am hoping...I can get caught up in the house.

I am looking forward to...a good night's sleep.

I am hearing...my son singing in the shower.  "I've been working on the railroad, all the live long day."  He's such a character.

Around the house...the floors need cleaning.

A favorite quote of the day...“Being a Christian is less about cautiously avoiding sin than about courageously and actively doing God's will.” ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer.

One of my favorite things...seeing what the Duggar's are up to.

A few plans for the rest of the week...Awana starts up again tomorrow after a week off.  Church on Sunday.  Nothing else planned.  Yet.

Wanna join in the fun?  Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook.  God bless.

No comments: