Monday, April 29, 2013

Move It Mondays

It's Monday, and the sun is coming out again - just in time to set in about an hour.  The weather went from sunny and warm in the early morning hours, to sunny and breezy later in the morning, to showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon, and now in the evening the sun is back out.  Ah, spring.  Season of confusion.

I had a pretty busy day today, but I found myself even more organized than usual.  Why, you ask?  Because of Any.DO.  It's a free app on my iPhone that's basically a to-do list that I carry with me wherever I go.  When I remember something that needs to get done, I record it on Any.DO so I don't forget.  I plan out my week on Any.DO, and whatever doesn't get done gets moved over to the next day.  What I love most is that I scratch off the items on the list as they get done, and at the end of the day when I erase them, the app says, "Good job!" or "Way to go!"  I need all the encouragement I can get ;).

First off, I got my son to school nice and early.  One of the ladies in my Sunday school class made a breakfast quiche and I brought some home for my son E, so I didn't have to make breakfast for him.  I barbecued yesterday and made enough so I could pack him a burger and a hot dog for lunch, so I didn't have much to do there either.  My breakfast consisted of chocolate Fiber One cereal, cinnamon raisin toast with a little Olivio (spread made from olive oil), and coffee.  After dropping him off at school, I proceeded to do my weekly grocery shopping.  I'd made my shopping list last night and put everything on the iPhone as well.  I find that grocery shopping goes much faster on Friday than any other day of the week.

When I got home I was pleasantly surprised to see that my oldest son R was getting ready to make lunch - an offer I never refuse!  He made fried pork wontons, and they were delicious!  I put away all the groceries, and took advantage of this unforeseen blessing by using the time to mow the lawn.  I'd read that we're supposed to get rain this week, so I figured it would be best to tame the beast before the rain made it grow any taller.  Good thing too, because about a half hour after I'd finished the rain started!  It took just an hour to get the entire lawn mowed, and after my shower I was treated to lunch.

I only rested a short while before I had to pick my son E up from school and take him to the barber.  His hair grows fast, like mine, and is much harder to tame.  Good thing boys get to wear their hair short!  We got home and had dinner - fried pork wontons again, since my son made 44 of them - then I sat and helped E with his science homework.  He's doing some additional homework on the computer, then he wants me to help him with language arts homework.  We counted this morning, and there are only 28 days left of school, which his teachers apparently want to load with as much work as possible!  He's so looking forward to the summer.  I am too - I got an email from our local bowling alley stating that they're having their Summer Unplugged offer again.  Kids 15 and under get to bowl 2 games per day everyday for the whole summer.  We did it last year and really enjoyed it!  For the rest of the family we got a summer pass for $29.95 for the same amount of games, but this year the price has gone up to $34.95.  I'm still going to get it though.  It's way cheaper to pay for the summer pass than it is to pay every time we go, and bowling is a fun and healthy sport.

One other thing I'm working on:  I'm making an apron, by hand.  I found the pattern at Walmart on clearance for $8.97.  I don't have a sewing machine, but I figured an apron shouldn't be too hard to sew by hand.  So far it hasn't been, and I'm really enjoying doing something with hands.


That's the fabric after cutting it out.  I'm in the process of hemming the apron before I add on the flounce that goes around the bottom.  I'm really excited about how pretty this apron is looking!  Hopefully I'll have a picture of the finished product soon.

That's it for now.  Hope everyone is having a delightfully blessed Monday!

No comments: