Monday, April 19, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, April 19, 2010...

Outside my window...the sun is back after a day and a half of almost non-stop rain. I bet my flowers are happy to see the sunshine after getting drenched.

I am thinking...of wrapping a gift for my hubby before he starts snooping around the house and finds it.

I am thankful for...the rain, the sun, and the springtime.

I am going...to dry and style my hair.

I am wearing...a navy blue blouse with light blue polka dots, jeans and sandals. Oh, and a towel over my wet hair.

I am remembering...a really good sermon on idolatry.

I am currently...working on a devotion the Lord has put on my heart. Stay tuned for that sometime this week.

I am reading...Ezra for morning devotions, and I'm gonna start another Anne of Green Gables books, this one is Anne of the Island.

I am hoping...to make a scrumptious cheesecake for my hubby's birthday. It's his favorite.

On my mind...staying healthy.

From the learning rooms...this Thursday is Take Your Child to Work day. It's also Daddy's birthday. E is going to stay home and help prepare for this special day. His teacher said it's okay to stay home with mom if she doesn't work outside the home, because being a homemaker and mom is work too. I really like E's teacher!

I am pondering these words... "God You know where I've been, You were there with me then. You were faithful before, You'll be faithful again. I'm holding Your hand." - Let the Waters Rise, Mikeschair

From the kitchen today...chicken breast, yellow rice with corn and pink beans, ripe plantains, salad.

Around the house...everything is pretty neat, just have to do the bathrooms tomorrow.

One of my favorite things...is baking birthday cakes for my family.

A few plans for the rest of the week: library tomorrow, Awana on Wednesday, Daddy's birthday on Thursday.

Wanna join in the fun? Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook. God bless.

2 comments:

Patricia said...

Enjoyed visiting you today and reading your daybook.

Blessings,
Patricia

Samantha said...

Hooray for teachers like your son's!