Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Tackle it Tuesdays

This is actually what I've been tackling the past 3 weeks: gardening. We had an unusually cold winter for South Florida, and our plants suffered greatly for it. I've been desperately looking forward to replanting and making our front yard look Floridian once again. It's nice to drive up to a colorful yard once more.

This may not look like much, until you consider this: The only thing that was there last year was the palm tree (which you can only see the trunk of; it's pretty tall). Everything else was planted within the last month.

This is the view as you're walking up to the front door. That's the living room window. The statues I already had, I just moved some around to give it a newer look. I love the flowers. In the raised garden I've planted a couple new plants which will have to grow before they make an impact. That's okay, I can wait.

Here's my $9.99 bird of paradise. Isn't it lovely? We've gotten rain the past 2 days, and it's very bright and sunny today, which I'm hoping will make this lovely tree feel right at home.

Here's another view. I've also got a potted bird of paradise that I'm thinking will be moved to the back yard sometime this week. I've got to get some rocks around my first bird of paradise, but with the rain and my sciatica acting up it's taken a back seat. I should be able to work on it sometime this week.

This is a better view in front of the living room window. I love my little froggie statues, so colorful and fun.

This is what you see when you walk out the front door, to the left. I know it's not very lush right now, but once these plants start growing I know I'll have a beautiful front yard once again. I'm so thankful it's spring!


Tackle It Tuesdays is hosted by 5 Minutes for Mom. Have a blessed day.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

It looks beautiful Arlene!