Saturday, May 15, 2021

Central Florida House Tour - The Master Bedroom

I've decided to do a house tour similar to the one I did whenever we moved into our townhouse. I enjoyed doing a step-by-step transformation, though I have to confess I didn't take as many pictures as I should have. It couldn't be helped; there was so much to do and my focus was on getting the house cleaned and habitable. And I had a whole lot of cleaning to do. The more I looked, the more I was convinced the cleaning crew did little more than spray room freshener to make the house smell nice.


 This is just some of the pet hair from cleaning the baseboards and around the corners. I had my work cut out for me.

This was how the bedroom looked after the first night. I had only packed the essentials on the first pod so we'd have a place to sleep, and since the one nightstand hadn't fit on the first pod it ended up with the bed and bedding. This was my bedroom for the first three days, then slowly furniture and decor made its way in. This is the bedroom now:


I decorated somewhat similarly to how I had it in the townhouse, with the same bedding and the same artwork above the bed. I didn't put the area rug completely underneath the bed because it would make the room seem empty. Even though it's the same furniture, it feels different in this room with the gray tiles and walls.


Next to the bed is my vanity. It fits beautifully between the two windows.


On the next wall, next to the door into the bedroom, I've set up my office. I have my desk and file cabinet here, with some artwork my daughter gave me. I have some ideas for how I might rearrange the room, but for now this is working well.


The last wall has a weird shape that is perfect for my chest of drawers. It fits right in between the master closet on the left and the master bathroom on the right. It's like it was made for my furniture.

The master bathroom will be next - stay tuned!

No comments: