Monday, September 21, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, September 21, 2009...

Outside my window...cloudy with a chance of, no not meatballs, HEAT!! It's gonna be a scorcher today and probably the rest of the week, though the remnants of what was hurricane Fred will be felt here in the next few days.

I am thinking...about Vintage Wisdom, the new series that will be starting at church. It's a study on the book of Proverbs, which is one of the most thought provoking books in the Bible.

I am thankful...for yesterday's celebration at church. Nine year anniversary! I had so many new kids in children's ministry - what a blessing!

I am wearing...a dark blue polka dotted tank top, light blue capris, sandals. As you can guess, it's not fall here by any means.

I am remembering...a dear friend that moved back to PA years ago. I was extremely sad when she left, but I'm thankful I can still call her my friend.

I am creating...hmm, nothing as of yet.

I am going...to be cleaning my bedroom today.

I am reading...Luke for devotions, and a biography on Charlotte Bronte, the author of Jane Eyre.

I am hoping...the flu that's going around doesn't stop here. E came home feeling poorly on Friday. Thankfully lots of prayer and Motrin, he's feeling much better, but R has had a nasty cold for days also. It's that time of the year.

On my mind...E's Cub Scout meeting on Thursday. I've gotta buy his handbook today.

From the learning rooms...E does not like writing one bit. So different from his mama! I need to find a way to get him to put his ideas on paper. He's a smart boy and can express himself well, he just doesn't like to write. Period.

I am noticing that...daylight is getting shorter and shorter, even though the weather hasn't changed much. It used to stay light till 8:00pm, now it's dark by about 7:30.

I am pondering these words..."Yet who knows whether you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this?" - Esther 4:14b

From the kitchen...baked pork chops.

Around the house...finish the laundry started yesterday, ironing, master bedroom cleaning.

One of my favorite things...is going to the salon to have my hair done. I like being pampered once in a while.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Awana and bible study on Wednesday, Cub Scout meeting on Thursday. It'll be E's first; we'll see how it goes.

From my picture journal...getting the house ready for fall (this is my kitchen counter):



Wanna join in the fun? Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook.

4 comments:

Kristi said...

I think right now I would take the heat! My husband is working in Atlanta today and it took them 2 hours to get there! The right lane on one of the major highways is covered in water. Almost all of Atlanta is under flood warnings, and they've had to close all schools in a couple counties. They are still predicting a chance of rain every day this week. It's crazy. I can't believe we were in a drought when I first moved here...now we're flooding and have had rain every day for the last 8 days!

I like your counter. That arrangement is beautiful!

dtbrents said...

You have a beautiful kitchen. I was a scout leader for many years. I really enjoyed it. I loved the verse from Ester you are pondering. I hope you have a wonderful week. Doylene

Love Bears All Things said...

I'm not sure the age of E but he might like typing his ideas on Typepad. My grandson does and he has saved some on my computer. I don't read them. One day, I was at his house and he had lost something he had typed and was so upset so I sat down and typed for him, just let him dictate. It was very interesting. He made me promise not to comment. He's 11.
It isn't Fall here either although the daily temperature has fallen into the 80s we do still have some high humidity days. We were able to sit out on the deck yesterday afternoon. The AC is still going strong but it does cut off now and then.
Hoping your family stays well.
Mama Bear

Robin said...

I enjoyed reading your daybook.

Have a blessed week.