Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Tackle It Tuesdays

What did I tackle today? Floors. Floors leading from my bedroom to the garage, which means thru the hallway, living room and kitchen.

The TV in the master bedroom blew. It was scary. Looked like lightning went through the inside of it, only it wasn't raining or anything. It just zapped and died. Thing is, this TV is about 7 years old, so it isn't one of those new lighter-than-air flat screen TV's. It's a big ole monster that weighs about the same as a full grown elephant, give or take a pound. My husband and son tried to get it out of the wall unit but it was too heavy. Hubby had to bring in another guy to help, but even then it was too heavy to carry, so once it was out of the wall unit it was put on the floor and dragged out to the garage. Oh, if only I'd known what they were doing so I could put a blanket or something under it! The guys didn't think of that, and the tile floors had scuff marks all over because of it. So, a scrubbin' I would go. Thankfully the scuff marks came off without TOO much effort.

Never a dull moment.

Tackle It Tuesdays is hosted by Susan at 5 Minutes for Mom.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

YIKES!! Sounds awful! I had two MONSTER TV's go out on me too and boy are they hard to get out! Hope you get a great LIGHT TV now!!

Robyn
Mom All Day