Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Tackle It Tuesdays

Actually, I wasn't able to tackle anything inside the home today. I went with my son who is looking at different schools (technical and college), so that's what we tackled today. Things don't always go as planned, but they still have to be tackled!

Yesterday I tackled the dining room, and made it more autumn-ish.



The candleholders were a gift from a dear young girl I worked with. I got them the Christmas of 2007. The pumpkin candy dish is from Kingdom Treasures, which I used to sell. I have a candle in it instead of candy, because they have less calories ;-).



This is the view from the family room. I took everything out of the china cabinet, cleaned it all and cleaned the inside of the cabinet, then put everything back. That's what took the longest. I purged a bunch of stuff that ended up in the drawers on the bottom; when I'm tidying up I tend to throw things in drawers then forget to take them out. Now the cabinet has more usable space, which is what I like.

Living room is next; I hope to get to that tomorrow or Thursday. I love fall cleaning even more than spring cleaning, because it means the holidays are coming!

Tackle It Tuesdays is hosted by Susan at 5 Minutes For Mom.

No comments: