Friday, September 11, 2009

The Week in Review

It's a week of remembrance. Remembering things that are painful but we must never forget - those that died during the 9/11 attacks. Those lives were not meaningless; to forget would show cruelty and heartlessness.

Monday - Labor Day. Since we were in Orlando visiting my daughter, we had to adapt to her schedule. It was a totally unplanned, last minute visit, so we were happy to go with the flow. I wasn't expecting flag football in the front yard of the church, though! We visited my daughter's church on Sunday, and I was pleased to see so many young people. She feels right at home, since the majority of the congregation are either college students, young singles or young couples. They do lots of activities together, including flag football in the large front yard of the church. Thankfully it was a nice breezy day, and I sat with a lovely young lady and chatted as we watched the game. It was a nice way to spend the morning and part of the afternoon. E and I left later on in the evening, but we thanked the Lord for the time we were able to enjoy with A. Unless the Lord orchestrates another visit (and He just might!), we won't be seeing each other till Thanksgiving, so this visit was much appreciated.

Tuesday - After vacation comes...LAUNDRY!!! Lots of it. But it's okay. I love being home and taking care of my family, and that includes doing laundry. I also gave the family room a major cleaning and began decorating for fall. Orange candles everywhere reminds me of warm glow, and pumpkins make me think of pie. Yummy!!

Wednesday - We had Awana for E and Bible study for me. This was the 2nd week of the leadership class I'm taking, and once again the pastor didn't disappoint. I'm actually seeing things happen that apply directly to topics we've gone over, and I'm just amazed at how God puts us in specific places to hear what needs to be heard to help others. I'm speechless at His Mightiness.

Thursday - My oldest son started classes. He's enrolled in a technical school because the computer courses he wants to take are very expensive at the university and unlike A, he wasn't offered any scholarships. The technical school accepted his college credits, so he can get his degree in 2 years. I'm glad he's back in school studying something he likes. The store he works at is also great because they work with his schedule, which is important as he needs to keep working. I took it easy for the first time in days; I was tired from the trip and then coming home and not stopping for a second. Besides, it has rained every single day since we got back from visiting A, and rainy days make me wanna stay inside.

Friday - I got up early this morning and went to see my favorite hairstylist. I got quite a bit of hair cut off. I don't wear my hair short, but I also don't wear it very long. After age 40 hair, just like everything else about our bodies, starts to change, and I'm not just referring to color. The texture of my hair has changed alot. My hair is naturally curly, but now it gets frizzy very quickly, which means I need to give it more attention, otherwise I look like I just got out of bed all day long. This means the longer my hair is, the more time I have to spend styling it and caring for it. It gets dry very quickly, and the humid weather doesn't help. So I cut it just below my shoulders (collarbone length), and within 2-3 months it'll be long again. My hair grows like a weed! I love how it looks; after cutting off the ends my hair looks shinier and healthier. Plus my boys told me I look pretty. What more can I ask?

It's Friday afternoon, and I'm going to spend some time with my little boy. In honor of 9/11 the children were allowed to wear a red, white or blue shirt instead of their uniforms, and E wore his "I *heart* NYC" t-shirt. E wasn't even 2 years old when 9/11, but it's important he learns how it changed our country. Please keep our soldiers in prayer. They are fighting to keep us safe; they deserve that and more.

God bless and have a safe and happy weekend.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

What a week! I'm so glad you got to visit your daughter for a while. That had to of made you feel good, seeing the church that she is attending and knowing it is probably a good fit for her.

I'm glad you got a moment to rest! Those moments, no matter how small, help us to recouperate a little for the next non-stop round!