Monday, January 18, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, January 18, 2010...

Outside my window...it begins to feel like South Florida again. The sun is shining, temps are in the 70's, the ocean breezes are cool, and everyone everywhere wants to be here.

I am thinking...about a lot of things lately. As Patrick Star once said, "The inner machinations of my mind are an enigma."

I am thankful...for my Lord and Savior who gave His life for me, and who has given me such a wonderful life.

I am going...nowhere today. I love stay at home days.

I am wearing...my jammies. I'll change in a little while.

I am remembering...friends from my school days, one in particular who has a birthday today. It's funny that I can see them now but my mind still sees them as 17 and 18 year old girls. I guess in my heart we've never grown up.

I am creating...nothing today. It'll be a kind of slow day, I think.

I am reading...Numbers for morning devotions, John for SOAP devotions, Having a Mary Spirit by Joanna Weaver for personal study, and Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen because I love her books.

I am hoping...this weekend's Boy Scout Camporee goes well. E has a part in one of the skits that we'll be practicing all week.

On my mind...still praying about what I was praying about last week.

From the learning rooms...no school today, it's Martin Luther King Jr.'s birthday. I know alot of kids who are very happy.

I am noticing that...my kidneys have started hurting again. This happens whenever I take iron pills or vitamins with iron. I suffer from anemia, and the doctor wants me to take vitamins with iron, but after awhile I get terrible pains in my back and kidneys. I'll have to call her about it again.

I am pondering these words..."I can't imagine anything more terrible than getting to the end of my life only to discover that God had so much more in mind for me - more freedom, more joy, more peace, more true effectiveness. And I had missed it all, simply because I refused to change." - Joanna Weaver, Having a Mary Spirit.

From the kitchen today...Puertorican style empanadas. Another family favorite.

Around the house...mostly laundry.

One of my favorite things...is a good book. One I can learn from and enjoy.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Awana on Wednesday, Cub Scouts on Thursday. No school on Friday, so we can probably get an early start at the camporee. This will be interesting for me; I'm definitely not an outdoors type, and this will be my first time ever camping out. What an adventure!

From my picture journal...Christmas memories. My son E on the right giving a big thumbs-up with his cousins.

Wanna join in the fun? Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook. God bless.

4 comments:

Kristi said...

I loved reading Having a Mary Spirit! That verse truly touched me as well.

Good luck with the camping thing..I love camping..I hope it will be a good experience for you. People in other places just can't believe that we have camping weather in January! We haven't quite reached your temperatures, but we did see the 60's and it was FANTASTIC!

I will praying about your kidneys and iron levels!

Jocelyn said...

We warmed up last week in central FL, but it is cool today. So looking forward to warmer days. Thanks for sharing about your day.

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Jhona O. said...

My kids are also very, very happy that there's no school today:) We're going to go and do something fun...maybe bowling! I enjoyed your daybook! Have a beautiful day!

LISA said...

Ooh, I hope you can get your kidneys straight.
Have fun camping. We love to camp and kids remember so many things from camping trips.
Great post on parent responsibility.
Happy smores...