Friday, January 29, 2010

The Week in Review

Monday - I was in recovery mode. It was a long, activity filled weekend, with the Cub Scout camporee all day Saturday, and Children's ministry on Sunday. I couldn't get a ton of rest, though, because my husband was due back from Central Florida after a week of preparing stores for opening this week. My husband works for a food distribution company, and as one of the supervisors he needs to be present when a new store stocks their shelves to make sure everything is presented in the proper way. He got home pretty late and unfortunately very tired after not being able to get much rest.

Tuesday - I was very worried about my hubby. He clearly wasn't feeling well, partly because he was exhausted, and partly because his blood pressure was up. I managed to get him a doctor's appointment, and she was very thorough. Blood tests, x-rays, EKG, the works. Turns out he has a sinus infection on top of everything else. She changed his blood pressure medicine and prescribed antibiotics, but the one thing that helped the most was getting some sleep. It's amazing how the body recovers after proper rest. That, and some soup. My hubby isn't one for eating out much. He missed having home cooked food.

Wednesday - What a great Bible study! We are studying the life of Elijah in 1 Kings, and it is so interesting to see that even a man of God could run scared (1 Kings 19). My son had a great time at Awana; despite the fact that memorization is so hard for him due to his dyslexia, I'm seeing how he's not just learning but understanding Scripture, and he asks so many questions! It drives me nuts sometimes I admit; but God reminds me that the only way anyone can learn is by asking, and it's my responsibility as his mom to get the answers. I'm blessed to have a child that wants to know Jesus like E does.

Thursday - Not a good day for me, I'm afraid. My hubby headed out for Central Florida again. The store openings start Friday and the owners wanted him there so he left in the afternoon. I miss him already! On the positive side, E had a veeeery successful night at Cub Scouts. He received 3 belt loops: archery, BB shooting, and he was the only one in his group to get citizenship. Then, because he participated in the skit, which took 3rd place out of 18 packs, the leader gave him (and the other boys as well) a walking stick which she made herself. She actually got choked up as she presented them. As if that wasn't all, he also got a badge for participating in the camporee activities, and one of those flashlights that you put on your head like miners have. The first thing he did when he got home was call Dad and tell him all about it. We are so blessed to have such a wonderful loving son.

Friday - Today is actually a good day. No, hubby won't be home till Sunday night. But my daughter is coming down for the weekend! Of course I'd prefer if the whole family were here, but Daddy got to spend time with her last week when he was up near her school, so it's our turn to be with A. I'm looking forward to some mommy-daughter time.

Hope everyone has a blessed weekend. We're anticipating lots of rain the next two days, but that's okay - there were plenty of board games under the tree this Christmas, so we won't be bored. God bless!

No comments: