Thursday, February 4, 2010

Thankful Thursdays



"Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children." - Titus 2:3-4

Today I am thankful to the Lord for the women He has placed in my life. I've been praying about a decision I need to make, asking God to guide me so that I do what He wants me to do. Last night we had Bible study at church, which my dear friend IR began attending with me a few months ago. I've known her for some time now and I trust her as a godly woman who fits the Titus 2 description very well, so I prayed and asked the Lord to speak to me through this friend and sister in Christ. When I began telling her what was going on, she listened, promised to pray for me, and gave me the encouragement I desperately needed. What's more, she confirmed what I believe God was saying to me all along, so that now I have peace. God didn't create us to be alone; He means for us to have fellowship, to minister to one another and encourage one another. I am so very thankful for the way God has created us, and for brothers and sisters in Christ who I can count on and who I hope will count on me!

Join in thankfulness to the Lord at Grace Alone. God bless.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

I too, am thankful for Godly women who have been put in my life. They have shown me the error of my ways when it needed to be shown, and given me encouragement at the times I needed it the most. I pray that the Lord would allow me to retun the favor someday to a youger woman trying to live according to His will!

I'm so glad you have been given peace...it's a great feeling!

LeAnn said...

I love walking my journey with Godly women! Your post was a reminder of how thankful I am for them. Thaks!