Friday, February 12, 2010

Thankful Thursdays


"I have no greater joy than this, to hear that my children are walking in the truth." - 3 John 4.

Yes, I know, I'm running late. I don't always get the computer long enough to actually post something. But I am still thankful.

Today (and yesterday too) I'm thankful that my son was able to take his Florida Writes test this week. Because of his dyslexia, he has trouble writing out his thoughts on paper. He can listen to someone describe something, repeat it verbally just fine, but if he has to write it out he gets flustered and doesn't know how or where to start. We've been praying for wisdom and a calm spirit so that he would know what to write when the time came. I told him not to be worried, God would be right there beside him. So on Tuesday afternoon when I picked him up, I asked how the test had gone. "I was able to fill up the whole first page and part of the 2nd!" I can't describe how excited and thankful I was to hear that. It was more than he's ever written before. I know where he got the confidence to put his ideas on paper, and I'm so very thankful.

Then yesterday afternoon, as we were driving home, he told me a little girl in his class had asked him to be her Valentine. He was kind of excited, since this is the first time that has happened. But to my surprise, he told me, "There's just one problem: 2 Corinthians says we aren't supposed to marry unbelievers, and I don't know if she's a believer." That was unexpected! I was glad, and thankful, that this lesson has taken root in his heart. I told him we needn't be thinking of marriage just yet (he's only 10!) but he could always invite her to church and see if she would be a believer. So this morning he took one of our church invitations to school so he can invite her to church this coming Sunday. I am so thankful for a child who understands who his priority is in his young life. May God always be number one in my son's life as well as mine.

Join in thankfulness to the Lord at Grace Alone. God bless.

2 comments:

Denise said...

Sweet post.

Kristi said...

Oh, that just melts my heart! I do pray that E will keep that mindset for the years to come...what a blessing that was.