Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Observing My Senses

For Today, July 16, 2013...

I am seeing...sunshine, for a change.  I thought last year was a rainy summer, but it seems this summer is giving last summer a run for the money.  We had drought a few years back, so I won't complain.

I am feeling...frustrated, because the check engine light on my car turned on a week ago, turned back off, then turned on again yesterday.  Great, just 5 days before our trip!  Thankfully I was able to get it to Auto Zone before it turned off again.  It seems there is either a damaged sensor or a bad electrical connection from the transmission fluid temperature thing-y, so I'm going to take it to the dealership today and see what the damage to my wallet will be.  It's a 2012 Sonata with just under 12,500 miles on it, but from what I see the replacement parts warranty ends at 12,000 miles.  You'd think they install timers on these cars so they break down exactly when the warranty period ends (they don't really, do they?).  Anyway, I hope the stupid warranty is good for something.  The whole reason we got this car was because it has a 10 year/100,000 mile powertrain warranty.  I'm praying this little repair falls somewhere in between the power and the train.

I am hearing...the coffee pot finishing up the brewing process.  You can't expect me to go to the dealership without my morning coffee!

I am tasting...breakfast.  Standard stuff.  Cereal, English muffin, coffee, vitamins.  Need something solid in my stomach if I'm going to stomach the dealership.  I'm sorry, did I forget to mention I'm NOT looking forward to this? :P

I am smelling...the smell of a home kept cool by air conditioning.  Don't get me wrong, I love it when I can open the windows and let the fresh air in.  But between hot and humid temperatures everyday, rainstorms every other day, and road construction two blocks away, I'm really thankful I don't have to open ANY windows.

It just takes a moment to observe your surroundings.  Won't you join me?

No comments: