Friday, July 5, 2013

Observing My Senses

For Today, July 5, 2013...

I am seeing...the wet ground after last night's showers.  Thankfully we didn't get too much rain.  It was sunny and breezy during the day, and drizzled lightly at night.  Not enough to put out the fireworks, thank the Lord.

I am feeling...like it's time for a new pair of glasses.  Trying to find out what our insurance covers as far as eye doctors go.  This whole "aging" thing is not pleasant, no sir.

I am hearing...silence.  Everyone else is asleep.  Even our dog Molly is still snoozing.

I am tasting...my morning coffee.  I was going to have some of the cornbread I made the other day, but alas, the last two pieces had gone bad.  I guess I'll have cereal and an english muffin instead.

I am smelling...the aftereffects of yesterday's barbecue.  The smell of grilled steak is still in the air :).  I was so extremely thankful yesterday; the grill didn't seem to be working right, the burners kept shutting off which I initially attributed to the fact that the wind was blowing so hard.  Then I realized I was out of propane!  I'm so glad it happened after all the meat was cooked!  It was super delicious, by the way ;).

It just takes a moment to observe your surroundings.  Won't you join me?

No comments: