Friday, July 12, 2013

Observing My Senses

For Today, July 12, 2013...

I am seeing...clouds roll in, rain showers pour down, sky clear up, bright sunshine, then the process starts all over again.  This has happened twice within the last hour and a half.  It's gonna be one of those crazy weather days.

I am feeling...pumped because we got a great deal on a hotel in St. Augustine, just a 10 minute drive from the historic district, and with God's blessing we'll be visiting this lovely city on July 20-23.  We are so excited!  There is much history to see and learn about, something I really enjoy, and a chocolate factory tour my son is looking forward to (okay, me too, I can't deny it!).

I am hearing...the washing machine as it prepares to finish the spin cycle.  Occasionally I hear the crack of thunder.  Poor Molly.  She hates thunderstorms.  Oh, there goes another one!

I am tasting...oatmeal today.  I was in the mood for it.  I hadn't had oatmeal in a while.

I am smelling...biscuits, though my allergies aren't really allowing me to smell things like I usually would.  I finished mowing the lawn yesterday, and it looks very nice, but my nose is suffering for it.  Hopefully I'll get over this soon.

It just takes a moment to observe your surroundings.  Won't you join me?

No comments: