Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Observing My Senses

For Today, July 17, 2013...

I am seeing...rain, and plenty of it.  Enough rain that the East Coast is under a flood advisory.  We're further inland but we're still getting hammered.  I better not hear the town talk about water restrictions this year!

I am feeling...old.  Today is my baby sister's birthday.  She's turning 40.  How is that possible?!  *Sigh* It just means that my trip to the big 5-0 is almost at its destination.  Can I get off the train?

I am hearing...rain.  Mixed with the occasional crack of thunder.  Which is probably scaring Molly.  Good thing she's in her bed, and A is close by to comfort her if necessary.

I am tasting...just my coffee so far.  Breakfast today is bacon and eggs with wheat toast.  On dreary, rainy days, comfort food is a must.

I am smelling...a hash brown patty cooking up in the toaster oven.  My youngest son likes them with his sausages.

It just takes a moment to observe your surroundings.  Won't you join me?

1 comment:

Barb said...

Hi Arlene!

We have had the craziest weather this year - all over! It has been over 100 degrees many times this year already, very strange for Idaho! Please send some of your rain our way, we could use it. Our reservoirs are getting pretty low, and they are talking about shutting off water in the canals...scary! I hope you get some reprieve from the rain, too much rain is also scary!

I have always believed that you are as old as you feel... ;0) And remember, 50 is the new 30!! Happy birthday to your little sis!

Hugs,
Barb