Thursday, July 18, 2013

Observing My Senses

For Today, July 18, 2013...

I am seeing...a deceitful sun.  Oh, it looks like the day will start of bright.  It looks like the sun might just come out.  But it's a trick.  I've seen it happen before.  A lot this summer.  It will look like the sun will honor us with its presence, then suddenly dark clouds will roll in and the rain will come pouring forth.  That's what happened yesterday.  It started raining in the morning and either rain or drizzled continuously till almost 6pm. I'm not falling for it this time.

I am feeling...good so far about my time schedule.  We're leaving for St. Augustine on Saturday, early morning.  I have the clothes packed, and today I'll continue packing items for the trip that I don't need on a daily basis.  I've got the hotel taken care of and bought tickets to the trolley and Ripley's.  Hopefully everything will continue to go smoothly.  Lord willing.

I am hearing...sausages sizzle, and an airplane overhead.  Which doesn't happen here very often.

I am tasting...nothing yet.  I made an English muffin, and I think I'll turn it into a breakfast sandwich, with ham, egg, and Swiss cheese.  Yum!

I am smelling...the lingering aroma of the applesauce spice cake I baked yesterday for our church's Family Fun Night.  It disappeared so fast, I'm actually glad I took the first piece, LOL!  To frost the cake, I added 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon to a tub of Betty Crocker vanilla frosting and created cinnamon frosting.  I think it made the cake so much tastier!  I'm gonna have to bake another one soon.

It just takes a moment to observe your surroundings.  Won't you join me?

1 comment:

Mrs. O said...

Have fun on your trip, though I'd rather go to DW if I have to drive 4 hrs from Miami. :P We've got car inspection and movie plans for the weekend. We still can't make concrete plans since they keep changing E.D.'s lawsuit date, week after week. It's getting reaaaally annoying now! >:(

Our temps have been sweltering but we did get a reprieve from the rain this week. Still too hot to do much outside. Thunderstorms will be back this weekend and our car can sure use a wash! LOL