Friday, July 19, 2013

Observing My Senses

For Today, July 19, 2013...

I am seeing...lots of clouds but at least it's not raining.  Yet.  Supposedly there's only a chance of isolated showers.  Yeah right.  Yesterday we were under a flood advisory.  Again.  It didn't rain as much in our area but the east coast was getting hammered.

I am feeling...excitement building.  We leave tomorrow for St. Augustine!  It's like just now it's really hitting me.  I'm doing last minute packing today, and getting the car ready later on.  We leave first thing in the morning Lord willing.

I am hearing...my oldest son in his room getting ready for work.  He won't be joining us due to his work schedule :-(.  This means he gets to stay home and take care of Molly, which means I don't need to get someone to come to the house to feed her and let her out, but I'm still sad that he doesn't get to enjoy this excursion with us.

I am tasting...nothing except the glass of water I just drank.  Which according to my youngest son doesn't count because water has no flavor.  I disagree; water tastes like water.  I'm not getting into that right now.  Anyway, I had breakfast a little while ago and the taste didn't linger, thankfully.

I am smelling...a clean house.  I've been cleaning a little everyday and the house smells pleasant.

It just takes a moment to observe your surroundings.  Won't you join me?

No comments: