Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Observing My Senses

For Today, July 24, 2013...

I am seeing...my home again. We had such a fun time during our vacation, but it sure is nice to be home. 

I am feeling...content with the vacation God gave us. We used to go to Disneyworld every year, and I'd love to do it again, but it would have been too expensive. I would have spent in one day what we spent in St. Augustine in four. I'm thankful God provided a great alternative. We will never forget the wonderful time we had in St. Augustine. 

I am hearing...my oldest son who just got up, the toaster oven ticking, and the coffee pot brewing. All sounds I stopped hearing four days ago. I like hearing them again; they're comforting sounds. 

I am tasting...my morning breakfast of cereal, toast and coffee. After pigging out on Belgian waffles everyday I need to get back to healthier eating. 

I am smelling...sausages and hash browns. My youngest son's favorite breakfast. Another reminder that we are back home. 

It just takes a moment to observe your surroundings. Won't you join me?

1 comment:

Barb said...

Hi Arlene!

Sounds like you had a great time! I would love to visit St.Augustine - I hear it is very beautiful.

I love to go on vacation, but there's no place like home!

Have a wonderful week - and watch a few re-runs of Duck Dynasty for me - I also love Sy!!

Hugs,
Barb