Monday, July 29, 2013

Observing My Senses

For Today, July 29, 2013...

I am seeing...the sun, still shining.  That's a surprise, when  most days include lots of rain in the afternoons.  Sometimes in the mornings too.  I heard thunder a little while ago but nothing happened.  It might be a dry day!

I am feeling...stuffed.  I ate a big lunch.  It was extra yummy!  I feel like we need some exercise to burn off the extra calories consumed.  Bowling, here we come!

I am hearing...the television, though no one is watching it.  And the air conditioner running.  Not only has it been a rainy summer, it's been an exceptionally hot one.  We rarely get temps in the 90's but that's what it's been the last week or so.  I hope this means we'll have a cooler winter to make up for it.  I'm tired of the a/c running 24/7.

I am tasting...the delicious baked chicken wings we had for lunch.  They came out extra crispy, just the way we like 'em!  There was white rice, navy beans, corn on the cob and a salad to go with it.  Now I need something sweet! :-)

I am smelling...the lingering smell of baked chicken.  Even if it's just chicken wings, the smell is comforting to me.

It just takes a moment to observe your surroundings.  Won't you join me?

1 comment:

Barb said...

Hi Arlene!

Chicken wings sounds delicious, especially crispy ones!

I hope you get a cool-down. We have had temps in the upper 90's and low 100's the last month, I can't imagine adding moisture to that!

Something sweet does sound yummy!

Hugs,
Barb