Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Let's Take A Tour - The Guest Bathroom

The guest bathroom is to the left of the staircase, beside my son's bedroom and in front of the linen closet.

It's also beside the office, which in the original plans for this house was the third bedroom. The best thing I can say about it is that it's in a convenient location. It's also eerily similar to the guest bathroom in our old house. The only difference is the placement of the door.

It's a very small bathroom. Has everything it needs and nothing it doesn't. I could have skipped touring it altogether, but there's a few things I'd like to do with it in the future so I figured I'd share where we are with it now.

This is what you see whenever you walk into the bathroom. It's been nicely updated, nothing fancy and everything classic so that any design style will work with it. I really like that about this house. I can decorate this with any farmhouse style just as it is. I can paint the vanity and change out knobs for a more modern look, or a shabby chic look, or a boho style. It's neutral enough that it adapts to whatever decor gets thrown at it. And it's functional, which is what everyone wants their bathroom to be. I like classic with a touch of rustic, so the white tobacco basket I found in the clearance aisle at Walmart fit the bill. I added the bronze metal butterfly that I picked up at Hobby Lobby to complete the look. These two items were in the master bedroom in my old house, but I felt they looked better in here.

  

The vanity is small, so I keep only the essentials on it. It still looks busy to me, though. Just above the vanity, to the left of the mirror, I can tell there was a medicine cabinet at one time. The previous owner probably took it out whenever she remodeled because it was either unsightly or unused. Either way it took away some storage, even if just a small amount. My hope is to add shelving in the future, similar to what is in the master bathroom, so I can remove more things from this vanity top. The little potted orchid is from TJ Maxx. I added it to liven up the space, and it was just the touch it needed.

The shower curtain is from the Hearth and Hand collection at Target. I had this in the guest bathroom in our old house, and since it's a neutral color and design it worked perfectly in here. 

I wanted something above the towel rack because the wall looked so bare. I tried putting the tobacco basket here but it was too small. This wall art is from Hobby Lobby. I loved it the minute I saw it, and since it has the rustic wood along with the teal green flowers, I knew if it didn't work in the bathroom I could find another spot in the house for it. Thankfully, though, that wasn't necessary; it was exactly what this spot needed.

The only other room in the house is my son's bedroom, but we won't be touring that. It's his personal space and I want to respect his privacy. Of course there's also the garage, but there isn't much to see there except my car and some storage containers. I might do a tour whenever I start decorating for fall, since my fall decor is in totes in my garage. It'll be easier to show that way.

It took a few months, but we're finally caught up with the present day. Of course there will be more changes; there's already been changes that I haven't posted about yet! September is just around the corner and everyone is decorating for fall. I love decorating, I love fall colors, but the fall isn't my favorite season. At least not till November when hurricane season ends. At this writing, Tropical Storm Marco reached the Louisiana/Texas coastline a couple of days ago but fizzled out. Hurricane Laura, however, is gaining strength and headed in the same general direction. Meaning, Louisiana and Texas need our prayers. The weatherman says it'll most likely become a major hurricane by the time it reaches land, but Jesus commands the storms, not the Weather channel. 

There's plenty more I hope to be sharing on my blog soon. I hope you'll come back and sit with me awhile. God bless.


No comments: