Happy Friday folks! Yesterday I mentioned going to Lion Country Safari to spend the day. It looks like that won't happen. Both my kids woke up with stomach aches and have spent a good part of the morning in the bathroom. I'm waiting to see if they feel well enough to go to the science museum instead. Meanwhile, how about some Five Question Friday? To join in the fun, visit Mama M at My Little Life.
1. What is the funniest thing you saw on Facebook/twitter this week?
2. What is your favorite Olympic event?
Winter Olympics = figure skating, summer Olympics = gymnastics
3. Do your kids to chores around the house? If so, what are they and how old are the children? Do they get paid for them?
My children are 25, 22, and 12 years old. They don't have specific chores, they just know they all have to pitch in. My oldest son does mostly outdoor work, like cutting the grass. Everyone is responsible for keeping their own areas clean.
4. If you get bad service/food do you complain or keep quiet?
If I get bad service I don't complain, I just won't go back. I don't know if the server is routinely rude or just having a bad day. One complaint for bad performance can cost that person their job, and while excellent service is expected from servers, we are all human. Now, if the food is bad and I can't eat it, I will speak up. To my memory, though, that's only happened once.
5. If you could pick ONE frivolous item for your home, what would it be? (massive room sized closet? swimming pool? greenhouse? etc...)
For me, frivolous would be a pool. I know, in Florida swimming pools aren't frivolous, but when I consider all the work and expense that goes into maintaining a pool, it's more responsibility than I want.