Friday, July 13, 2012

Five Question Friday


Happy Friday!  Wow, it seems like just yesterday I was saying Happy Monday!  This week has gone by pretty quick.  I'm answering my Five Questions today, and hope you'll join me.  Just hop on over to Mama M's at My Little Life.

1. What's your view on men wearing sandals (yay or nay)?
When I lived up north and the weather was cold most of the time, summer would roll around and some men would put on sandals.  I thought it didn't look very manly.  It was strange to see men's toes after they'd worn closed shoes for so long.  Now that I live in South Florida and the weather is warm all year long, seeing men in sandals is an everyday thing, and for me, it's just footwear.  I say yay.

2. What song do you love but are embarrassed to admit?
Why would I want to admit it, if it's something that embarrasses me?

Oh well, no matter.  I love songs by Barry Manilow.  Mandy.  I Write the Songs.  You know, the stuff they play in elevators.  Now please don't tell anyone.

3. What summer camp should they make for moms?
The kind where sports activities are held at the mall.  Sprinting from store to store.  Using math skills to find the best bargains.  Geometry to fit all our purchases inside the trunk of the car.  Time management as we get the shopping done with enough time left over for a mani/pedi and maybe even get our hair done.  I bet I could get Camper of the Year at Mall Camp.

4. What is the most romantic song? (Not necessarily your favorite or your wedding song...)
(Hmm, do I want to refer back to Manilow here? Nah).  The most romantic song I've ever heard is Walking Her Home by Mark Schultz, and if you've never heard it I suggest you head on over to youtube for a listen.  Bring tissues.

5. Do you have an embarrassing pregnancy story?
Another embarrassing question.  Do I sense a pattern here?

Okay, embarrassing pregnancy story.  I guess this counts, even though I was in labor, since I was still pregnant.  With my first pregnancy my water broke while I was still at home.  It wasn't a lot, more than a trickle but not much more.  I rushed to the hospital, stepped into the lobby, and SWOOSH.  Water gushed out like it was Niagara Falls.  Thank God it was like 3am and the lobby was empty, because my pants were soaked and so was the floor.  All I could do was tell the receptionist over and over, "I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry."  She was very understanding, said not to worry, those things happen all the time.  Yeah, right.

3 comments:

Mrs. O said...

Okay, so this isn't a romantic song but I guarantee you're hair will stand on end, you'll cry and then praise God all in under 4 minutes. Listen to "The Little Girl" by John Michael Montgomery & Alison Krauss (listen HERE). Yes it's a country song. But trust me on this one!

retired not tired said...

I had a trickle with my third one however the doctor had to break my water anyway

Anonymous said...

Barry Manilow is great. People always make fun - but everybody knows those songs!