Monday, July 30, 2012

Move It Mondays

Happy Monday everyone!  It's a cloud-filled Monday in South Florida, though the clouds are the puffy white kind, not the grey and filled with rain ones.  That can change at any moment, as we Floridians know too well.  It's currently 80 degrees out, 82% humidity, and we're not supposed to get rain today.  Huh???  How can you have 82% humidity and no rain?!  Of course, as my youngest son would tell me, "When the weatherman says it won't rain, you'd better pack your umbrella!"  I always keep an umbrella handy, just in case.

One concern I'm having is that we're entering the month of August this week, and that's one of the busiest storm months.  True to form, there are 2 systems in the tropics right now, one a tropical wave and the other a low pressure trough.  While neither may turn into a threat, it's best to keep our eyes peeled.  The weather this summer (the entire year, actually) has been unseasonably warm, and there's nothing these systems love more than warm water.  I'm hoping and praying that any storms that form stay out in the ocean and don't threaten any land masses.

So, what's in store for today?  For starters, I read my daily devotion and 1 Corinthians chapter 7 which we're studying in Sunday school.  I'm frying up some sausages for E's breakfast - sausages are his favorites.  I'm thinking I want oatmeal today.  I make my oatmeal with almond milk instead of water, which is super delicious, and sprinkled with a dash of cinnamon and brown sugar on top.  A delightful treat for the morning!  Afterwards, I'm going to tackle some laundry.  Probably 2-3 loads.  The menu today calls for oven baked crispy chicken wings which is a family favorite, with noodles and a salad.  Shortly thereafter I'm off to the doctor's office for my yearly checkup.

Ugh.

I know, it's necessary to get checked out and make sure all my parts are working properly, and my doctor is a sweet lady, but that doesn't make it any more pleasant.  I've got to be there early too; I'm still under J's health insurance which changed to a new insurance company, so I've got to bring in the information that I don't have :P.  Supposedly the new insurance cards were sent out, but here we are at the end of the month and we haven't received them.  Hopefully the doctor will work with the paper J was given at work, otherwise it'll be a wasted trip.  With the price of gas being what it is, that doesn't make me happy.

But hey, I'm not going to let little things like that get me down!  It's Monday, another great day, a day to be thankful because we're alive!  God bless y'all, have a wonderful week.

No comments: