Monday, July 9, 2012

Move It Mondays

Good morning to all, and Happy Monday!  Oh, I know there are some out there who make a face at that statement, who think the words "Monday" and "happy" don't go together in a sentence.  People who are always saying how much they dread Mondays.  Let me ask you this:  Would it have been better if you hadn't woken up this morning?  What if Sunday had been the last day of your life?  Not a very nice proposition, is it?  I say we celebrate Monday, and be thankful God has given us a new day!  And if that doesn't work for you, look on the bright side:  tomorrow is Tuesday!

It's a bright, sunshine filled morning; there's sausages frying on the stove, biscuits baking in the oven, coffee brewing in the coffee pot and towels being washed in the washing machine.  My, but I sure do depend on my appliances!  Can you imagine 100 years ago, women were waking up much earlier than I did (7am) to get the fire going for breakfast and to get water from the local stream or canal to wash clothes?!  There was so much work that had to be done just to get a simple meal, yet life was lived at a slower pace.  Today we want stuff fast, instant everything, and we don't stop to appreciate life because it's zipping by us and we don't even see it.  Something to think about today.  Stop for a minute and admire a cloud; watch children play; don't just turn on your MP3 player, sing along with it.  Life is short; experience it fully.

We got tons of rain yesterday - I mean a whole lot!  We went to church in the morning and the sun was shining, and by the time service was done it was pouring, there was lightning and thunder and winds, the whole nine yards!  It called for an indoor day, and we stayed and relaxed after a morning of fellowship and worship.  Speaking of worship, my daughter sang and played guitar again, and she sounded wonderful.  Makes this mama so happy to hear my little girl worshiping the Lord!

I'm hoping the rains hold off this morning, at least long enough to give Molly a bath.  Molly's a big dog who doesn't like getting wet, so bathing her inside the house is out of the question.  If it's raining then getting her bath outside will be impossible too, so I'm praying God will give me a window of dryness after breakfast!

I read a great devotion this morning, about giving God the glory for the good in our lives.  It's easy to think that our achievements are a result of our own doing, but it's God who prompts, prevents, provides and protects.  Thank You Lord for Your blessings and the amazing life You've given me.  I have so much to be thankful for!

Plans for today include bowling - I got a coupon for $5 off per person for games/shoes, so for the 4 of us that's $20 off which is a good deal.  Before that though, it's Molly's bath and vacuuming, plus finishing up the load of laundry.  A productive and fun day, that's what this Monday is!  I hope your Monday is just as great!  God bless.

No comments: