Saturday, July 7, 2012

Observing My Senses

For Today, July 7, 2012...

I am seeing...the sun bursting in through the windows as another hot and sunny Florida day begins.  I wonder if we'll get any rain today?

I am feeling...the coolness of the air conditioner.  I can't imagine not having it right now.  The weather has been intense during the day with the sun glaring down on us.  Nights are cooler but not cool enough to sleep in.  Thank You Lord, for air conditioning!

I am hearing...nothing but the a/c unit.  The kids are all asleep.

I am tasting...toast and coffee.  Keeping it real simple.  That, and I need to go grocery shopping :P

I am smelling...sausages frying on the stove.  My son's favorite item on his breakfast plate.

It just takes a moment to observe your surroundings.  Won't you join me?

2 comments:

Plant Seeds of Happiness said...

NO COFFEE HERE :( but I am listening to my 10 yr old play just dance on the WII the song is Land of 1,000 dances by Wilson Picket an oldie. It is cool enough to go out and do some yard work but I am not healed enough so I am in "MY CAVE" that is what my husband calls my room catching up on blog reading. The husband just finished putting up the new screen door for the front door it only took 2 weeks of me nagging but praise God he did it! I also got him to get up early and do the mens breakfast thru our church, it is very early on a Saturday so he hasn't made it to one yet, but I bribed him into trying to go this Saturday and he DID & really enjoyed it and was glad I got him to go, another little blessing today. Thanks for sharing yours hope you have some blessings also :))

Barb said...

Hi Arlene!

I'm so sorry that you have been contending with the heat!! I will pray that Florida will get some relief, as well as many other parts of the country this year.

Your morning sounds wonderful - I thank Heavenly Father everyday for my a/c as well, and sausage is also one of my favorite breakfast foods... ;0)

Hugs,
Barb